Thursday, December 17, 2009

Working on my bicycle

There is a great bike shop in the Bowling Green area called Cycle Werks http://shopcyclewerks.com/. They have shops in both Maumee and BG, but the shop in BG is definitely larger and better stocked.

I purchased my Trek Navigator a few years back from a shop in the Sylvania area called Bikeworks http://thebikeworks.com/. A shop in the Perrysburg area called Road Racer http://www.roadracer.com/ fitted the bike for me a year or two later.

I purchased my first road bike a Trek 1.2 WSD from Cycle Werks in 2008. I put about 800 miles on it this last season and would like to do more this coming season. Aaron at Cyclewerks is extending the handlebars on the 1.2 WSD. The part should come in sometime next week and he will install it for me. I would also like to have SPD pedals installed on my Navigator and a tune up done on a third, different bicycle. It's the cold season in this area of the country.

4 comments:

  1. You have a 2008 1.2 Trek? Sweet! I got a 2008 1.2 as well but I am not sure what the WSD means exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boris,
    I didn't know that you rode. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. WSD is the Trek designation for a women's bike. It is supposed to be specially fitted for a woman's frame. Did you do a lot of riding last summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much, too many things got in the way, but I did get around 1,600km or 1,000miles in over the course of 2009. That is including spinning bikes and trainer time.

    Hopefully this year will be much better, I got mine so I can do some triathlons. So far none have happened but hopefully things will change.

    Are you training for anything specific?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me. I know that riding can take a lot out of my legs that I need for kettlebells. I would like to do some organized rides that are about 35 to 62 miles long. I would really like to do a century, but that may have to wait until I slow down on the kettlebell front.

    ReplyDelete